Pages

Sunnats Upon Entering The Masjid and Leaving The Masjid


Sunnats Upon Entering The Masjid/Mosque and Leaving The Masjid

Sunnats Upon Entering The Masjid

1. To enter with the right foot. (Bukhari-Chapter on Salaah pg.61)

2. To recite Durood Sharief e.g.

(Ibne Majah, Faydhul Qadeer Vol. 1, pg. 336)

3. To recite the dua eg

اللهم افتح لى ابواب رحمتك

Transliteration:

Allaahum-maf-Tahlee Abwaaba Rahmatika.

Meaning:
 Trans: “O Allah, open the doors of your mercy for me”
(Ibne Majah)

4. Make intention for I’tikaaf. (Shami- Vol.2, pg. 442)



Sunnats Of Leaving The Masjid

1. To leave the Masjid with the left foot. (Bukhari-Chapter on Salaah pg.61)

2. To recite 
اللهم انى اسالك من فضلك

Transliteration:

Allaahum-ma In-nee As`aluka Min Fadhlika.

Meaning:

O Allaah, I seek of You Your Grace.


 (Ibne Majah pg. 56)

3. To recite Durood Sharief eg.

(Ibne Majah, Faydhul Qadeer)


Faatimah (RA) reported that when Allah’s Messenger (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) entered the Masjid, he invoked blessings and peace upon Muhammad (himself) and then said:

 “My Lord, forgive my sins and open unto me the gates of Your Mercy.” And as he went out of the Masjid, he would supp

licate for blessings and peace upon Muhammad (himself) and say: “My Lord, forgive my sins and open unto me the doors of Your Bounty.” 

(Muslim, Mishkaat, Chapter: of Masjid and the places of Salah.)