FATWA regarding Work of Dawah and Tabligh
(taken from Al balagh.net with thanks)
Q.) Respected Mufti Sahib, with reference to
Verse no. 108 of Surah Yusuf
Verse no. 110 of Surah Aal-e-Imran
Hadith: "Balligho Anni Waloo aayah".
Hadith: "Al-Ulamoo warasat-ul-Anbiya.
I want to ask the following questions:-
1. Is the work of calling towards Allah (Dawah and Tableegh) obligatory on every Muslim who is in ummah of Hazrat Muhammad (Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam) or it is obligatory only on the Ulema of this ummah?
2. Will every Muslim who is in ummah of Hazrat Muhammad (Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam) be asked on the day of judgement about the Kafirs all over the world as to whether he/she has done work of Dawah upon them or not just as he will be asked about his prayers, fasts and other obligations?
3. Is it true to say that this ummah is created to perform the work of Dawah and Tableegh after the end of prophethood upon Hazrat Muhammad (Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam)?
[Abdul Mateen, Rawalpindi]
A.) A.) 1. In those Ahaadith and verses of the Qur'an wherein Allah Ta'ala ordered Nabi to give Da'awah and invite towards Deen of Allah, this also includes each and every person who claims that he is the follower of Nabi . It is incumbent and obligatory on such a person to do the work of Tabligh and Da'awah.
2. Yes, it is true. The main objective of our creation is to worship and recognize Allah Ta'ala. In order for this to happen, each and every Muslim has a responsibility on his/her shoulders to perform this work of Da'awah and Tabligh.
Nabi showed us the straight path. It is now our duty to continue treading that path and also show it to others. Allah Ta'ala states, 'You are the best of nations taken out for the benefit of mankind, calling towards good and preventing evil.'
3. Every person will be questioned according to his situation. For example, if a person is the owner of a business and he has non-Muslim employees and associates, he will be questioned as to whether he had conveyed the message to them. If a person has somebody doing his household chores, he will be questioned regarding this, or the king will be questioned regarding his subordinates. He will not be questioned regarding those non-Muslims around the world or any non-Muslim who he does not know and has no acquaintance with. Only those who are his family, friends, associates (in whatever aspects), subordinates, etc. And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.