Pages

The Prophet's (SAW) Dislike for gold and preference for misery but with pleasure of Allah


The Prophet's (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) Dislike for gold:

(Here it is to be clarified that he has not liked but prophet has permitted the use of gold for Women.And it is not unlawful for women to use it in a modest way.)
The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) said:

"My Lord offered to turn the mounts of Mecca into gold for me. But my supplication to Him was; '0, Allah! I like to eat one day and feel hungry the next, so that I may cry before Thee and remember Thee when I am hungry; and be grateful to Thee and glorify Thee when my hunger is gone!"
Thus said our Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam). We profess to follow him and are proud of being in the fold of his Ummat. Isn't it incumbent upon us to follow him in practice also?