Pages

Hadith on Islamic manners laughing speek good or remain silent

Abu Dhar Radiallahu 'anhu narrates: I went to Rasullullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam and said: 
O Rasulallah! Advise me. He mentioned a long tradition till he said: You observe prolonged silence, for this drives away the Shaitan and helps you in your religious affairs. Abu Dhar said: Advise me more. He said: Avoid too much laughing, for indeed it brings death to the heart, and removes the Nur (light) of the face. 
(Baihaqi)

 Anas Radiyallahu 'anhu narrates that Rasullullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam met Abu Dhar and said: 
 O Abu Dhar! Shall I not tell you of two qualities which are light on the back, and are very heavy on the Scale as compared to others? Abu Dhar said: Yes verily, O Rasulallah! He said: Adopt good manners and observe prolonged silence. I swear by Him Who has control on the life of Muhammad, none of the deeds performed by any of the creation is as virtuous as these two.
 (Baihaqi)