Pages

Why Duas Are So Important


Why Du'as are so Important?

Allah  says

(Call Me, I shall answer your Du'a, Surely, those who are arrogant to worship Me, will surely enter Hell in humiliation) (40: 60).

Rasul Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said:

1. Allah said: If someone shows hostility to a friend of mine, I will declare war against him. The most beloved thing with which my servant comes nearer to me is what I have enjoined upon him, and my servant keeps on coming closer to me through performing prayer till I love him. When I love him, I become the sense of hearing with which he hears and the sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he helds, and his legs with which he walks. If he asks me I will give him, if he seeks refuge I will grant it. (Bukhari).

2. Du'a is Ibada or Supplication. Anyone amongst you whose doors of Du'a have opened, in reality the doors of blessings have opened for him. (AI-Jaml).


3. Every Prophet had a Du'a, which was granted. I want to preserve my Du'a, Allah willing, for the intercession of my Umma on the day of Judgement. (Bukhari, Muslim)

4. Nothing except Du'as avert taqder/fate and nothing except virtuous deeds increase life. (AI-Jami).

5. No amount of tact and prudence can avert decree of Allah. Only Du'a can avert an imminent calamity.

6. Allah becomes displeased with a person who does not make Du'a. (AI-Jami).

7. Ask Allah for everything, even lace of your shoes. If Allah does not provide, it will not be available.

8. One who desires that Allah accepts his Du'as in difficult times, it is necessary that he also make Du'as in good times. (Tirmidhi).

9. Du'a is the weapon of a Momen/believer.

10. Veri1y your Lord is the One modest and generous, and when His servant raises his hands to Him in Du'a, He is diffident from returning them empty. (Abu Dawud).

11. Any Muslim asks Allah something, Allah certainly grants him what he asked-either He gives it immediately or He compensates him later or in the hereafter.