Imam Muhammad ibn Hasan Al-Shaybani (rah) was asked why had had not compile a book on Zuhd (ascetism/piety). The Imam (rah) replied that he had: Kitaab ul Buyoo (The Book of Business Transactions) meaning that if a person were to make his business dealings Shariah Compliant, that would be an enormous act of Zuhd.
This is even more relevant in our society where halal earnings have been given a very low priority. In the spirit of reviving concern for halal earnings and making Muslims aware that our earnings have a great effect on our Spirituality and Faith,
For more detail please see following links
- Official advisor of IFANCA (Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America)
- Executive member of KZN Jamiatul Ulama (The Council Of Muslim Theologians)
- Secretary of Jamiatul Mufteen (The Council of Muftis) – This is an organisation comprising of the senior Muftis of South Africa from 12 Darul Iftaa’s.
- Head of the Fatwa Department of KZN Jamiatul Ulama (The Council Of Muslim Theologians)
- Head of the Judicial Committee of KZN Jamiatul Ulama (The Council Of Muslim Theologians)
- Official Arbitrator of commercial and marital mediations/arbitrations.
- Guest of the world renowned Askimam.org website which serves over 123 countries in the world. The Askimam.org site hosts approximately over 20,000 rulings.
Authorisation in the spiritual sciences:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai (damat barakatuhum) has the honour of being the khalifah of his Shaykh Mufti Mahmood-ul-Hasan Gangohi (rahmatullah alahyi), the late grand mufti of India & the most senior khalifa of Hazrat Shaykh Maulana Zakariya Kandhalwi (rahmatullah alahi). As part of his training in Tasawwuf, Mufti Sahib (db) spent time in the Khanqah of Dabhel where he used to lead Qiyaam-ul-Layl during the last ten nights of Ramadan.
May Allah preserve the Ulma e Haq and give us taufeeq to get benfitted.