Now How to bring these qualities in us ??????
We know much about these qualities but how to bring the originality of these qualities in our hearts. The scholars say and what we see in our natural life is “ when we talk or study about a topic we begin to understand it more and more. For example when we study our syllabus of university, first time we read we don’t understand anything, if we give a second study we will know something. Similarly if we go on studying for more number of times we understand the concept better.
Therefore we have to study mainly about these qualities and try to understand them and bring them into our life.
How can we bring them into our life ?
The easiest procedure is:
Allah (swt) helped musa (a.s) by giving way in the water.
Allah (swt) helped ibrahim (a.s)in the fire by making fire cold.
Allah (swt) saved ismail (a.s) by making knife rough and not cutting his throat.
There are many, similarly about the help which was done by Allah (swt) to sahabas.
When we study these things inshallah we will find our emaan increasing. And that increase in emaan will make us stand on the commandments of Allah (swt) and the ways(sunnath) of prophet Mohammed (s.a.s).
2. The second thing what we have to do is to do the Tabligh of these stories to others. When we tell about these things to others the truth will first enter into our heart. Its similar like a child studies and tells the answer to his teacher. The child is not teaching the teacher here but he is learning himself. So we should give more and more Dawah to others so that what I am telling reaches my heart first.
3. The third thing we should do is study the nature Allah (swt) has made, for Allah (swt) says in many verses in Quran .
Holy Quran say 31.29 : Do you not see that Allah causes the night to pass into the day and the day into the night, that He has subjected the sun and the moon to follow His law, each pursuing its course for an appointed term, and that Allah is well aware of all your actions?
31.31: Do you not see how the ships sail through the ocean by the grace of Allah so that He may show you some of His signs? Surely there are signs in this for every patient, thankful person.
When we study what Allah (swt) has made for us in this universe then we will understand that Allah (swt) is khaliq(creater) of us, and everything on earth and in the sky happens with the order of Allah (swt).
4. The fourth thing we have to do is pray to Allah (swt) to give the originality of emaan in our hearts. Because we cannot get emaan from other source except to those Allah (swt) gives.
1.272 : O Prophet, you are not responsible for their guidance, it is Allah Who guides whom He pleases
Therefore after every prayer and when ever we do dua we should pray for guidance. The best time for prayer is tahajuth prayer in the last part of the night.
we should always follow these steps. Because our emaan keeps on increasing and decreasing.
1. We should read virtues of namaz, its importance its usefulness to muslims.
2. We should do Tabligh of these things to others, as stated above when we give dawath the matter first enters into our heart.
3. We should strive to make our salah a true one as prophet mohammed(s.a.s) and sahaba had established. We cant go upto that mark but inshallah our salah will become good. For this we should check whether our outer actions like ruku, sajda, etc are made properly or not and we should also check whether our inner intentions are clear or not, whether we are remembering Allah(swt) during salah or not. And our khirath should be clear. And we should read Quran properly as it is to be read.
4. The fourth thing we have to do is pray to Allah (swt) to give the originality of salah to us. Indeed everything is in Allah(swt) hand.
Just knowing virtues of a deed is not enough, we should know how to perform a deed (Masail). For example there is Zakat, we know it is farz on muslims. Just knowing that Zakat is farz is not enough. We must know when it will become farz. Where the money of Zakat is to be spent and where it should not be etc.. So this Masail should be asked to Scholars or can be known from authentic books written on them.
To bring these things practically into our life, we have to do the following :
1. We should know the importance of gaining knowledge. This can be obtained by reading verses and hadith showing importance of knowledge.
2. We should do Tabligh of the importance of knowledge.
3. We should implement the knowledge we have in our real life. For example we know Salah is farz on muslims. Just knowing it is not enough. We should establish salah five times a day. And when ever we need to know masail we should contact scholars. Because doing a good deed with wrong method(not according to sunnah) is of no use.
4. The fourth thing we have to do is pray to Allah (swt) to give the ability to implement the knowledge we have. Indeed everything is in Allah(swt) hand.
“The one who remembers Allah(swt) is an example of living and who doesnot remember Allah(swt) is like an example of dead” (Bukhari, Muslim)
This verse and hadith shows the importance of Zikr, if Allah(swt) remembers us then who else is required. Therefore we should always do Zikr. For this we have to do these things:
1. We should know the virtues of doing Zikr, these can by gained from Quranic verses and hadith.
2. We should do Tabligh of these virtues and importance of zikr.
3. Scholars say we should atleast start Zikr by reading these things atleast 100 times in the morning and evening.
- kalima : “Subhan Allah, wal Hamdu lillah, wa La ilaha illa’llah, wAllahu Akbar, wa la Hawla, wa la Quwwata, illa billa ”
- Durood on prophet mohammed(s.a.s)
- Isteqfar [Seeking Forgiveness]
4. The fourth thing we have to do is pray to Allah (swt) to give the ability to do Zikr all the time. Indeed everything is in Allah(swt) hand.
By doing Zikr of Allah(swt) we get the love and fear of Allah. The love for Allah(swt) makes us to do good deeds. And the fear of Allah helps us to keep away from sins.
1. We have to listen to the importance of respect to others, the virtues of respecting others and how sahaba used to love and respect each other though there were differences between them. We should know how prophet mohammed (s.a.s) respected and treated others, for he was the best of human beings.
2. Second thing we have to do is do Tabligh of these things, as said before first we will be able to follow it.
3. We have to respect elders and see that we become polite to others. We should respect our elders and love youngsters and everyone. We should have love for everyone and hate for none. We should never hate any one even a kafir for he can become a believer, but hate only their disbelief i.e we should never follow their disbelief nor their methods.
4. The fourth thing we have to do is pray to Allah (swt) to give the ability to respect and love everyone. Indeed everything is in Allah(swt) hand
This is very important quality if we don’t have this, then all our deeds will go waste. This quality comes last into us after so much hardship and it will go first just with small mistake. So we should be very careful about sincerity to Allah (swt).
1. We should study the importance of sincerity from Quran and hadith. We should listen to virtues of being sincere.
2. We should to Tabligh of importance and virtues of being sincere, so that we become sincere first, inshallah.
3. We should check before doing any deed that am I doing this for Allah or to show off. Similarly we check between the deed and after completing the deed.
4. The fourth thing we have to do is pray to Allah (swt) to give the true ikhlas or sincerity. Indeed everything is in Allah(swt) hand
This ummath has been praised for this work. This is the special quality which Allah(swt) has blessed this ummah with.
(O Muslims) You are the best of the peoples, you have been sent towards mankind, to enjoin good and forbid evil - (Al-‘Imran:110)
The main purpose of Tabligh is : to correct ourselves by the procedure explained above and during this process of correcting ourselves we should convey message to others with intention that it is our requirement to follow Islam and when we convey our message to others we will be first to follow it, inshallah.
For we should remember our Tabligh is not the means for hidayah (guidance) of others.
But we should always keep in mind this verse “1.272: O Prophet, you are not responsible for their guidance, it is Allah Who guides whom He pleases”
Therefore our main intention while doing Tabligh should be about our guidance and we should convey our message to others and pray Allah (swt) for their guidance.
The process of getting this quality in us is:
1. We should listen to virtues and importance of Tabligh from Quran and hadith. And how sahaba did Tabligh leaving all of their worldly pleasures.
2. We should think that now there is no more prophet to come then who is going to spread Islam. Its our duty since Allah(swt) said it in Quran.
3. We should do Tabligh of these virtues and importance of Tabligh (It is must these days) to others. As said above when we say to others inshallah Allah (swt) will give us ability to follow first.
4. The fourth thing we have to do is pray to Allah (swt) to give us the ability to do Tabligh to the last of our life with sincerity. Indeed everything is in Allah(swt) hand
Quran says: When they hear vain talk, they withdraw from it saying: "Our deeds are for us and yours for you; peace be on to you: we do not desire the way of ignorant." (28:55)
Therefore we should do what Islam asks us to do; we need not bother about others methods.
As today it is common for us to discuss about all things except Islam, this discussion is of no use. When ever we meet a friend we should talk only about relevant things which are useful.
And our life should also become simple and we should use only those things which are required to us and which islam allows us, and avoid showing off.