Pages

Prophet Journey to Taif :Keeping Trust in Allah and give many Principle of Practical Dawah Session in Dawah Manhaj


Placing trust in Allaah
Read the dynamic event of Taa'if, which follows:
1.In Shawwaal1 (in the last of May or in the beginning of June 619 A.D.), ten years after announcing his prophethood, Rasulullaah r setout towards Taa'if, about 60 kilometres from Makkah, in the company of his freed slave Hadhrat Zaid bin Haaritha t.


2 Rasulullaah S.A.W.S.
travelled on foot to Taa’if to invite the people to Islaam.


There he met three chiefs of the Thaqeef clan. They were all brothers whose names were Abd Yaleel bin Amr, Habeeb bin Amr and Mas’ood bin Amr. Rasulullaah r presented his case to them and told them about the torment and impudent treatment he received from his people. 
However, one of them said, “If Allaah has sent you with anything at all, I shall steal the covering of the Kabah!” 
The other
said, “By Allaah! I shall never speak a word to you again after this! If you are really a prophet, you are too honourable to speak to me.”
 The third one said, “Was Allaah unable to find anyone besides you to
make a prophet?”
4
For ten days he stayed there delivering his message to several people,
one after another, but all to no purpose. Stirred up to hasten the
departure of the unwelcome visitor, the people hooted him through the
alley-ways, pelted him with stones and obliged him to leave from the city
pursued by a relentless rabble. Blood flowed down both his legs; and
Hadhrat Zaid t, endeavouring to shield him, was wounded in the head.


5
They sat in rows on either side of the road and took stones in their
hands. Rasulullaah r was unable to even lift a foot or put it down without them throwing a stone at him. Together with this, they
continued poking fun at him and mocking him. After Rasulullaah r had
passed through their rows, he proceeded to one of their vineyards
with blood flowing down to his feet. There he took shade beneath
some vines and sat down on the ground in great distress and pain.
Blood was still running down his feet.


1 Tareekh-e-Islam, 1/122.
2 Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum Pg.136.
3 Tabraani, as quoted in Majma'uz Zawaa'id (Vol.6 Pg.35).
4 Abu Nu’aym in Dalaa’il (Pg.103).
5 Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum Pg.136.
1
Once Rasulullaah r felt that he was safe from the Taa’if mob, he
made the following du’aa:
TRANSLATION: “O Allaah! Only to you do I communicate my
weakness, my lack of ingenuity and lack of importance among people.
O the most Merciful of those who show mercy, You are certainly the
Rabb of the weak and You are my Rabb. To whom shall you hand me
over? To an enemy who will treat me harshly or to a near one to
whom You shall give control over me? I care for nothing as long as
You are not angry with me,. All I require is that Your protection
should be vast enough for me. In the light of Your Countenance by
which multitudes of darkness are turned to light and by which the
affairs of this world and the Aakhirah are remedied, I seek
protection from being afflicted by Your wrath and displeasure. The
causes of Your displeasure should be removed until You are pleased.
There is no power and no might but with Allaah.”2
1 Abu Nu’aym in Dalaa’il (Pg.103).
2 Sulaymaan Taymi in his biography of Rasulullaah r, as mentioned in Isaaba (Vol.2
Pg.466).

Rasulullaah r himself narrates further. He says, “When I lifted my
head, I saw a cloud shading me. When I looked closer, I noticed
Jibra’eel u in the cloud, he called for me saying, ‘Your Rabb has
certainly heard what your people have said to you and how they
responded to you. Allaah has sent the angel in charge of the
mountains to you so that you may command him as you like.’ The angel
in charge of the mountains then greeted me and said, ‘O Muhammad
r! What Jibra’eel u said is true. What do you wish? Do you want me
to make the two mountains meet (and crush the people between
them)?’”
Rasulullaah r’s reply to him was, “I rather wish that Allaah creates
people from their progeny who will wor

Basically what we learn from the event itself:
1. In Shawwal (end of May/beginning of June) 619 AD, 10 years
after proclamation of Nabuwwaat, Rasulullaah r, went to
Taa'if.
2. This was after Hadhrat Hamza t and Hadhrat Umar accepted Islaam.2
3. Taa'if is approximately 60 km from Makkah.
4. Hadhrat Zaid bin Haarithah t (Rasulullaah r's freed slave)
accompanied him.
5. Rasulullaah r first met with the chieftains.
6. He then met with the locals on an individual basis.
7. He stayed there for 10 days.
8. He was ridiculed and harmed.
9. He made du'aa.
10. He returned mostly on foot.


1 Bukhari (Vol.1 Pg.458). Muslim and Nasa’ee have also reported this narration.
2 Hadhrat Umar t accepted Islaam six years after Rasulullaah r announced his
prophethood, as substantiated by Haafidh Abul Hasan Taraablisi and quoted in Al Bidaaya
wan Nihaaya (Vol.3 Pg.30). This is also narrated in Isaaba (Vol.4 Pg.447).