Love of Quran
(Reproduced with thanks from http://www.tauheed-sunnat.com/sunnat/content/love-quran
(1) Syed Ata Ullah Shah Bukhari (???? ???? ????) was blessed with immense love of Quran. He used to say in his speeches: In my life, there is only one thing that I love and only one thing that I hate. It is Quran that I love and it is the British that I hate. In fact his love of Quran would force him to hate the British. Jews and Christians harbour hardnosed enmity towards Islam and this fact is spread over the holy pages of Quran.
(2) Hazrat Maulana Qari Fateh Muhammad had devoted himself for the service of Quran. Mufti Taqi Usmani rightly says: Qari Fateh Muhammad was a living miracle of Quran. His tongue was all the time busy reciting the Quran. He was always engrossed in thinking the best ways of spreading Quran education. He was at home in different accents of recitation. During Ramadan, he would lead the prayer of traveeh and recite seven to ten parts of Quran in one night. In this way he would complete the Quran in three or four days. Then he would again recite the whole Quran in some other accent. By the end of Ramadan he would recite the Quran for about ten times in traveeh alone.
(3) Sheikh-ul-Hadith Maulana Zakariya (???? ???? ????) was a hafiz and recite the Quran immensely. For 42 years, it had been his routine that he would recite the whole Quran in each day of Ramadan. About his family women, he used to say, Our family women spend most of their night time in listening to Quran and in the day time, it is their routine to recite about one half of the Quran. My grandmother was hafiz and it was her routine to recite one manzil of the Quran daily. And during Ramadan, she would recite the whole Quran plus one-third of it again in one day. In addition to this, she would recite thousands of tasbeeh as her permanent routine.
(4) Hazrat Mufti Rasheed Ahmad (???? ???? ????) memorized the whole Quran in just three months at the age of 46 years. He did this in such a way that he would easily memorize one part of the Quran in one hour. Despite his tough scholarly engagements, he would spend a large amount of his time in reciting the Quran. He would recite five parts in day and as many at night in tahajjud prayer.
(5) Maulana Subhan Mahmud, sheikh-ul-hadith of Darul Uloom Karachi, was blessed with a special fondness of reciting the Quran. For a long time, it was his routine to recite the whole Quran daily. On becoming old and weak, he would recite more 18 parts of Quran. He continued with this routine till the day he breathed his last. During Ramadan, he would set aside all other activities and remained busy reciting the Quran day and night.
(6) Hazrat Qari Raheem Bukhsh was blessed with such immense love of Quran that except for natural human needs, he would not spend a single moment in which he was not teaching or reciting the Quran. His punctuality was proverbial. He never absented himself from teaching duty during 40 years. Whatever salary he withdrew from the madrasah, he returned it to the madrasah in a short period. His son Qari Abdullah said, Since childhood, I never see my father miss his tahajjud prayer. He would recite three parts of Quran in tahajjud prayer.
Our history is full of Quran lovers. They were the people who not only recited the Quran by tongue but their every word and action gave the fragrance of Quran, and their routines and prayers were practical explanation of Quran.